Tiny Trees Fried Rice
From the Kitchen of: ArtLab
For our younger chefs: Remember to ask for help from an adult when completing these recipes, but most of all have fun!
- Cooked Rice - look at the packet to see how to cook it and how much you need per person. For fried rice it’s best to use the rice once it is cool.
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Broccoli (half a head)
- Oil Garlic and ginger powder (to taste)
- Chop the broccoli into some big florets, then make some tiny trees out of it by pulling the florets into smaller bits.
- Cook your broccoli and peas. You can do this in the microwave, boil them in a pan or steam them.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan or wok, then add the vegetables and stir them. If you want to, you can add other spices or seasonings here.
- We like soy sauce, chilli, ginger and garlic in our fried rice. How about you? Now add the cooked rice into the pan and stir some more, mixing all the veggies through the rice.
- Push the rice to the sides of the pan so there is a big space in the middle, a bit like a doughnut. Pour the beaten egg into the middle of the pan and let the egg cook through slightly. Scramble it with a spatula or wooden spoon. Once the egg is cooked you can mix it with the rice in the pan and... you are ready to serve it. Yum!