Cheesy Bear Burgers
From the Kitchen of: ArtLab
For our younger chefs: Remember to ask for help from an adult when completing these recipes, but most of all have fun!
- Cannellini beans (1 tin)
- 1 Small onion
- Garlic powder
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Cheese (two handfuls)
- Breadcrumbs (one handful)
- Flour (a tablespoon)
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mange tout /sugar snap peas
- Mash the cannellini beans in a bowl, you can use a fork or squish them using clean hands to make a rough purée. While you are taking care of the bean squishing, ask the adult helping you to chop the onion finely.
- Ask the adult helping you to fry the onions under your watchful eye until they are soft. Add the garlic powder and fry for a little longer, then let the onions cool.
- Now it is time to get creative! Mix the onions, squished cannellini beans and cheese together with half the breadcrumbs.
- Squish and shape it into a patty with your hands. Then, you need to give your bear bean burger some ears, you can do this by pinching twice at the top of the bear’s head. Pop your bears into the fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
- Tip flour, your beaten egg and the remaining breadcrumbs onto three separate plates. Carefully roll your bear patties in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Ask you adult helper to help you fry your bear burgers for a few minutes on each side. Once they are cooked it is time to decorate and serve it with cherry tomatoes, cucumber and mange tout.